Thursday, May 24, 2012

CALL ME CRAZY... or maybe just Crazy Cat Lady.


Seven cats is a lot I will admit but everyday I can count on at least seven smiles. In October of 2011 two little kittens started to show up around our house. My heart always goes to the kittens. I love adults cats but kittens are small and "helpless". I put out food for them knowing that this would turn into a perminate venture, thats all good. Eventually their mom showed up with them so I kept her fed aswell. I am very finicky about my cats, I don't like any of them to go outside there are to many bad things that could come of it, I am just not willing to take that chance. I was however okay with Suki, Tidbit, and Rio (yes we named them) being outdoors technically they were not really ours (haha). My husband and I decided that we needed to get Suki spayed so that their would be no more kittens. I tried a few times to catch her, no luck. She came one day to eat and I knew when I saw her she was pregnent. We tried several more times to catch her, no luck.We decided to leave the garage door up a bit with bedding available in case she wanted to come in to have her babies. We put a plastic box outside with a towl as another option. She chose the bushes in our neighbors yard... the one with two dogs. I tried to take them to our house in hopes that she would follow. She would not, so I had to put them back because I was afaid for them to go to long without food. She took all four of them to the woods behind our house to hide them from me. I wrote on the calendar so I could track their age. Suki would come to eat 3 and 4 times a day, we made sure she got all the food she wanted and everytime she came to eat I told her bring your babies to me and I will help you with them. I said it ALOT! About 4 weeks after they were born, Easter morning... I went out to feed everyone and while standing in my garage I could hear a small meow. I followed the sound and found piled in a corner 4 small kittens. She had brought them all to me. They all looked really good, shes a great mom. Their fur was soft and theirs eyes were clear. About 2 weeks later they did get a little virus but even that is gone now. Three Black and one gray... a little black one stole my heart we had decided early on that we would keep her. Her name is Mia. We had Suki spayed and in the 4 weeks time that we had to house her we have not only fallen in love with her but with the other three. The shelters are overflowing with cats right now so we then decided that we would keep all of the kittens... and Suki.  Suki is still very unsure of the inside of the house, we are working to make her comfortable in her suroundings and with the rest of the animals, we are really hoping that she decideds to keep us. Our house would not be the same with out her.

Tidbit

Rio

Suki

GiGi

Cooper

Mia

Fergie

Beautiful Suki with GiGi

No comments:

Post a Comment