Wednesday, June 6, 2012

                                                                Just a little spoiled??

Some times I feel bad because I don't let my kitties go outside. Some people are very much for this for various reasons that I totally understand. After all it is a bit of a natural habitat for a hunter/cat. They can chase pray, climb trees for exercise, ect...  I just can't seemed to get passed the dangers that lurk outdoors. It does not help that a kitty I had many years ago was insistent on going outside. She came back very ill and passed away, she had gotten into something poisonous. I also fear that they will be hit by a car or attacked by another animal or many other icky things that I prefer not to think about. I am not always able to sit down and play with the babies... I do have two teenage girls and a house to keep clean and a yard to work in. I do try to have things available for them to play with. The cat trees are very popular, mostly for sleeping on but they do run up and down them and use the scratching post. I try to keep toys around, I have to be careful of what I choose for them, my 105lbs golden retriever likes to chew up balls if they are plastic so I have to get them the fabric ones or the squeaky mice. I hang ribbon from the back of a chair that they will bat around. They really love when we play with them with a teaser or a laser. The other day I was at Walmart... they have a laser that you can hold or set on a table and leave the house and every so often the laser will turn on for the cats to chase. I finally broke down and bought that because the majority of my cats love the laser.


                               (I love this picture, GiGi is playing with a bell on the end of a spring.)


 I know that some fur babies are far more spoiled than mine, I am working on it. I do feel mine have it pretty good. We purposefully place bird feeders near or on windows that the kitties are able to sit and watch them from.When its not bird feeding time though we occasionally turn on "The Pet Sitter"




This video is made for cats, it is hours of birds, mice, squirrels, fish, all kinds of fun things that they love to watch. Sometimes they even go behind the TV to try to find the things that they see on TV.


Gracie is always very curious.

Recently I was watching Must Love Cats on Animal Planet and they did a story about some guys that made an app for the iPad for cats. I thought it looked cool but did not act on it right away. A good friend of mine and fellow cat lover bought the app for her cats and told me how much they loved it.




Needless to say I had to have it... Boy do they LOVE it!!!


And of coarse they are always welcome to lounge where ever they would like...


                                                               In fact it is encouraged.

No comments:

Post a Comment